Software Development Engineer
|Location:||Vancouver, BC (Canada)|
|Benefits:||Full Medical, Dental and Vision Paid by PayPros|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This position develops code for software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers. Troubleshoots, debugs and implements software code. Oversees testing and develops fixes. May require a bachelor's degree in a related area and 0-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude required. Typically reports to a team leader or manager.|
What We Offer Our Employees:
• The Opportunity to Work with a Great Team!
• The Chance to have an Impact and Make a Difference.
• Full Benefits Packages
• Paid Time Off
• RSP Matching
• Charity Gift Matching
|Duties:||Duties and Responsibilities: |
• Involved in all aspects of developing solutions for a wide range of server and client applications from requirements definition and functional design to technical design and implementation.
• Analyze functional requirements and contribute to functional and logical design of projects.
• Under supervision from tech lead, will develop production-level code as well as proof-of-concepts and prototypes.
• Exercise innovation in support of UI design and heuristics through your expertise in server and client side web development to enhance the overall user experience.
• Review peers' work for security and optimization shortcomings
• Assist in the design, development, documentation and maintenance a variety of different software systems for both external and internal customers.
• Work closely with user experience designers, product managers, and other engineers in a development environment that is highly collaborative.
• Provide support for system users and processes ensuring that problems are solved and status and resolutions communicated appropriately.
• Investigate and troubleshoot complex production issues, manage issues in a defect management system.
• Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis.
|Qualifications:||Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: |
• A basic understanding or knowledge of innovative and secure Web technologies in traditional B2B and B2C environments primarily supporting the financial services market.
• A deep understanding of current technologies and best practices of web application design and implementations.
• Time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently are both critical.
• Excellent communication skills.
Credentials and Experience:
• 0-3 years demonstrated experience developing and implementing web-based enterprise applications in a multi-tier in commercial software, online service or ideally a financial services software development environment.
• 0-3 years demonstrated .Net C# software development experience in a mission critical environment.
• 0-3 years demonstrated experience developing and implementing web-based applications in a multi-tier commercial software, online service or ideally a financial services software development environment (include links to live websites)
• 0-3 years demonstrated J2EE/Java software development experience in a Linux/Unix environment
• Solid understanding of database schema design and relational-object mapping
• Exposure to integrating .NET within third-party frameworks such as Metaphor, DotNetNuke, Sitecore a plus
• Exposure to large volume database design, transactional control and .Net Entity Framework, ADO.Net, LINQ is a plus.
• Spring .Net and Hibernate for .Net experience is a plus.
• Experience with SOAP web services and SOA architecture.
• Understanding of XML/XSLT/XPATH a plus.
• Understanding of MVC application design and development
• Exposure to Salesforce, Oracle (PL/SQL) Development and ESB integration is a plus.
• Experience in test-driven design philosophies and the Agile development process a plus.
• Experience with test framework like NUnit and JUnit a must. Experience with mock framework a big plus.
• Bachelors/Masters degree in computer science, computer engineering, or software engineering preferred.
• May require travel between corporate offices (Cary NC, Vancouver BC and Newark CA) occasionally.
• Must posses a valid passport with ability to travel in both the USA and Canada.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.